Emergency Management Conference – 12th-13th July, Melbourne, Australia. All Emergencies. All Communities.
EMC has been one of the major annual emergency services conferences in Australia for the last 16 years. Every year, it brings together emergency management professionals from Emergency Services Organisations, local, state and federal governments, community groups and industry. Last year’s attendance exceeded 500 delegates, and a similar number is expected in 2016.
EMC is sponsored by
- Emergency Management Victoria
- Inspector-General for Emergency Management
- Bureau of Meteorology
- Department of Economic Development
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning
EMC is well regarded for its innovative programs and speakers. Confirmed keynotes include:
- Paul Hancock, Chief Fire Officer, Cheshire Fire & Rescue, UK
- Craig Lapsley, Commissioner, Emergency Management Victoria
- Tony Pearce, Inspector-General for Emergency Management
Other features on the program include
- Impacts of international events
- Climate change impacts
- Case studies: Wye River bushfires 2016
- Case studies: Lacrosse High rise building fire 2015
- Youth radicalisation
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Women of Influence panel
- Diversity Workshop
- Animal emergencies
- Technology sessions
- Chiefs’ Panel
EMC will also feature trade displays by up to 30 suppliers.
The EMC website is via the Emergency Services Foundation www.esf.com.au (Click on ‘Conferences’).