The Confederation of Fire Protection Associations – Asia (CFPA-Asia) met recently during the China Fire 2019 expo. The CFPA-Asia meeting was attended by delegates from Australia, China, China Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Korea and Malaysia.
Several initiatives were identified during the meeting including:
- CFPA-Asia Website refresh
- International Fire Standards Coalition membership and input into the development of the International Fire Safety Standard.
- A “Decade of Action for Fire Safety 2020-2030” and the need to gauge support for a submission to the United Nations.
- Investigating joining the Australian Research Council (ARC) Training Centre as an Industry partner.
The 2020 General Assembly meeting at which time the Office Bearers will be elected was also considered with linking to a Conference in Indonesia, Thailand or India the preferred option. The options will be considered by the Executive in early 2020 with the meeting likely to be held late in the year.
The announcemet that Xian System Sensor Electronics Ltd (a subsidiary of Honeywell) had extended their sponsorship agreement with the CFPA-Asia until 1 December 2022 was warmly received.
Through this agreement, Xian System Sensor will continue to assist CFPA-Asia in its work:
- to reduce the impact of fires and related hazards in countries in the region.
- to promote codes and standards and;
- the conduct of educational events and other related activities.
The agreement was signed by Rob Llewellyn Chairman CFPA-Asia and Qun Li Vice President General Manager Fire Honeywell at the Honeywell China Fire Exhibition Booth .
Also attending the signing ceremony were Joe Kwok Executive Committee member CFPA-Asia, Steven Ooi Treasurer CFPA-Asia, He Jun System Sensor and Neil Bibby MDM Publishing.
For more information, go to www.cfpaa.com