Award recognises advances in protective gloves made with DuPont™ Kevlar®
DuPont Protection Solutions (DuPont) announced the winners of its second DuPont™ Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards in EMEA.
Created to spotlight excellence in innovation and design of protective gloves made with DuPont™ Kevlar® fibre, the DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Awards give official licensees of the Kevlar® brand the opportunity to showcase their advanced and innovative designs using Kevlar®.
The DuPont™ Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards winners this year were announced at the DuPont stand during A+A in Dusseldorf. The winners are:
- Ansell Hyflex® 11-542: Kevlar® was engineered in the 11-542 as a fundamental component in achieving a high cut resistance to high comfort ratio (EN ISO 13997 cut level F). Furthermore, the black Kevlar® variant drives differentiation in the market by providing customers with the benefits of dirt masking which translates to longer product life and lower ownership costs.
- SEIZ Supporter: The rescue glove SEIZ Supporter has very high cut protection and a pleasant-to-wear sensation. In this model, a double-Kevlar® layer system is used for the first time. The full lining is made of 100 percent Kevlar® and reinforcements also are made of special fabric strengthened by Kevlar®.
- Showa S-TEX 581: High cut resistance and dexterity utilizing the patented Hagane Coil® liner engineered with Kevlar®. The lightweight glove realizes Showa’s fit and comfort combined with high cut resistance, illustrating the versatility of Kevlar®.
- W+R VULCAN: Combines a very high cut protection (EN ISO 13997, cut level E) with the tactile sensitivity, secure grip and comfortable breathability. DuPont patented engineered yarn is used exclusively in the manufacture of this glove, in combination with state-of-the-art knitting technology. This makes the glove very durable yet light which means it is very comfortable to wear.
- Protective Industrial Products, Inc. – G-Tek Kev 09-K1600: Featuring a DuPont™ Kevlar® gold liner, with black nitrile palm, includes touch screen compatibility, providing excellent grip in wet and dry applications. The 13-gauge seamless knit glove construction achieves ANSI A7 cut level performance.
“We are honoured to recognize these glove manufacturers for their inventive uses of Kevlar®,” said Joel DeNardis, Mechanical Protection marketing manager, DuPont Protection Solutions. “DuPont recently celebrated its 50th anniversary of the invention of Kevlar®, but it remains very much at the forefront of protective technology when it comes to promoting worker safety. We are proud to collaborate with these glove manufacturers that continue to push the limits of what’s possible to make work gloves that are more comfortable, more durable and more protective.”
Best known for its use in ballistic and stab-resistant body armour, the use of DuPont™ Kevlar® aramid fibre in products has helped save the lives of thousands of people around the world. Today, Kevlar® is used in everything from firefighter gear to commercial aircraft and city roads, as well as in consumer products including tires and high-performance sports equipment.
For more information about Kevlar® visit www.kevlar.com.
About DuPont Protection Solutions
DuPont Protection Solutions, a business unit of DowDuPont Specialty Products Division, is a global leader in products and solutions that protect what matters – people, structures and the environment – and enables its customers to win through unique capabilities, global scale and iconic brands. DuPont™ Kevlar® helps protect law enforcement officers, military personnel, athletes and astronauts; DuPont™ Nomex® helps protect firefighters, industrial workers and race car drivers, as well as mass transit and wind energy systems; DuPont™ Tyvek® helps protect chemical industrial workers, as well as sterile medical devices and building construction; and DuPont™ Corian® resists the growth of bacteria to help protect hospital patients against infection.
For more information about DuPont Protection Solutions, visit www.dupont.com/protection-solutions.
About DowDuPont Specialty Products Division
DowDuPont Specialty Products, a division of DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP), is a global innovation leader in technology-based materials, ingredients and solutions that help transform industries and everyday life. Our employees apply diverse science and expertise to help customers advance their best ideas and deliver essential innovations in key markets including electronics, transportation, building and construction, health and wellness, food and worker safety. DowDuPont intends to separate the Specialty Products Division into an independent, publicly traded company.
More information can be found at www.dow-dupont.com.