Fire Australia & HazMat 2016 is the premier event for the fire protection and hazardous materials sector.
Traditionally run as separate events, in 2016 Fire Protection Association Australia will combine these two sectors together into a bigger and better conference and tradeshow that promises to attract key decision makers and leading subject matter experts from government and industry.
The conference and tradeshow will attract key industry professionals from the fire protection, fire safety, and emergency management and hazardous materials sectors from across Australia and overseas as well as representatives of government and fire agencies.
The tradeshow at Fire Australia & HazMat 2016 will be the largest of its kind in the southern hemisphere, showcasing products and services for the fire protection and hazardous materials sectors.
Building on the sold-out success of the 2015 tradeshow on the Gold Coast, the organisers have secured the largest ever space for a Fire Australia tradeshow at the iconic Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
This spectacular venue will cater for an exhibition space of over 2500m2 allowing for over 70 exhibition booths, easily eclipsing the 1800m2 available at the Gold Coast event in 2015.
Once again the exhibition space will be central to all activities including the catering and café seating areas and the Showcase Theatre – a dedicated presentation area where sponsors and exhibitors will be able to showcase their products and services to all conference and tradeshow attendees.
In line with the 2016 theme “Risk, Liability, Exposure” The conference will include presentations that span three specific streams:
- Fire Protection Strategic Stream (Risk, Liability, Exposure)
- Fire Protection Technical Stream
- HazMat Stream.
Fire Protection Strategic Stream
This stream of presentations will be tailored to managers and business owners, government representatives and fire safety professionals including those with an interest in regulations, policy, codes, standards and management systems.
Presentations will be aligned to the conference theme and address either “Fire Risks” or “Business Risks”. Panel sessions will occur at the end of each session for discussion and questions. This stream may also incorporate a debate or discussion on the conference theme.
Presentations are likely to include information on:
- Integrating risk assessment across design, engineering, approval, installation and commissioning.
- Business continuity planning
- Case studies on unique design solutions
- Reducing risk through the use of “tested” products and systems
- Getting the right design solution – from concept to practical completion
- Product innovation and design – treating complex risks
- High-rise residential development – have building standards kept pace with community expectations
- The insurers perspective on fire risk
- Business survival when something goes wrong
- How do I best protect my business and my reputation from an insurance claim
- Latest trends in insurance claims and the consequences to the fire protection sector
- Other than insurance – what else should I be doing to protect my business and my employees
- Managing brand erosion and damage
Fire Protection Technical Stream
This stream will run throughout the conference and will provide relevant presentations for fire technicians, building surveyors & certifiers, systems designers and installers, engineers, consultants, maintenance personnel and those involved with the technical aspects of fire protection systems and equipment.
This stream will include case studies, product innovation and development and information on contemporary matters related to many of the following areas:
- Early Warning & Detection
- Fire Suppression
- Passive Fire Protection
- Emergency Planning
- Product Testing and Approval
This stream will address topical and current subjects within the chemical management, dangerous goods, hazardous materials and affiliated industries.
Speakers in this stream will focus on the conference theme as it relates to the sector and may also include presentations on any of the following subject areas:
- Safe transport of chemicals and dangerous goods
- Dangerous goods transport and storage incidents
- Insurance industry perspective with chemicals and dangerous goods incidents
- Implementing plans to comply with GHS
- Risks with nanotechnology
- Management of industrial waste
- Environmental impact from chemicals
- Managing Contaminated sites
With the recent decision to combine both the Fire Australia and HazMat events, FPA Australia is confident that the 2016 Fire Australia and HazMat event will be the largest ever.
If you would like to sponsor the event or participate as an exhibitor at the tradeshow, now is the time to secure your position as these options are limited and do sell out.
FPA Australia would also like to invite all readers of Asia Pacific Fire Magazine to attend the 2016 Fire Australia and HazMat conference and Tradeshow as a delegate! Entry to the tradeshow is absolutely free and conference entry is available for single day passes or for the full two days of the conference.
We look forward to seeing you at Fire Australia & HazMat 2016.
For more information, go to www.fireaustralia.com.au