In 2018 GAAM is proud to celebrate 85 years of partnership with Australia’s fire, rescue, security, ambulance, emergency services and industrial organisations.
GAAM was founded in 1933 by the Falconer family and has established itself as a company synonymous with quality, reliable, locally made firefighting products and accessories.
Over the years GAAM has stayed true to its entrepreneurial founders and continued to introduce high quality products into the Australian market, some of these include:
- 1960s – GODIVA LTD acquires GAAM and establishes an exclusive arrangement to offer the world-renowned Godiva rear mounted firefighting pumps in Australia;
- 1982 – WAJAX INDUSTRIES acquires GAAM and adds forestry firefighting pumps to its product offering, the relationship continues today through GAAM’s association with WATERAX and the MARK 3 forestry pump;
- 1983 – HALE midship and PTO firefighting pumps added to GAAM’s range through exclusive arrangement with HALE PRODUCTS INC. GAAM continue to build firefighting pumps with HALE electric primers.
- 1988 – PARATECH TOOLS are introduced to Australia which sees the GAAM offering expand to include air-bags, strut and rescue equipment;
- 1997 – GAAM acquires the QUENCHMASTER ARP foam proportioning system to meet the growing need for Class A and Class B foam proportioning. Quenchmaster continues to be manufactured in GAAM’s Thomastown plant;
- 1999 – BULLARD THERMAL IMAGING cameras are introduced to Australia;
- 1999 – TASK FORCE TIPS (TFT) grants GAAM a licence to market the full range of automatic and selectable nozzles and ground monitors. GAAM continues to be Australia’s only certified servicing agent for TFT products.
- 2000 – FEUER-VOGAL range of storz couplings launched through GAAM which maintains a wide range of local inventory for immediate order fulfilment.
GAAM is looking forward to celebrating its 85th year with the participants of the 2018 AFAC conference. On display at AFAC you will see further innovations resulting from GAAM’s continuing partnerships with its customers and suppliers, such as:
- TFT 1” G-FORCE NOZZLE – G-force line of high quality, economical family of firefighting nozzles now available in 1” size, perfect for grassland firefighting, wash down, hose reels and 1” hose lines.
- TFT EF1 TACTILE TOUCH CONTROLLER – Using advanced point-to-point Bluetooth communications, TFT now offers additional wireless controllers for its line of remote controlled monitors.
- TFT DECON/pak – Self-contained agent proportioning and rise application system helping to provide simple and gross decontamination of firefighting personnel and equipment.
Over the course of its 85-year history, GAAM has become recognised as one of the most reliable and trusted providers of a full range of firefighting products. Today, the company offers unrivalled expertise in controlling fires in emergency and extreme environments. With an ongoing commitment to product development GAAM is looking forward to continuing to service the growing needs of Australia’s fire, rescue, security, ambulance, emergency services and industrial organisations.
For more information, go to www.gaam.com.au