Widget Image
Widget Image
Widget Image
© Asia Pacific Fire & MDM Publishing Ltd.

Gas leak ignites injuring 7 people in Taiwanese hotpot restaurant

Last Thursday (9th Nov), seven people, including a three-year-old girl, were injured after a gas leak caused an explosion at a hotpot restaurant in Taiwan’s Changhua County.

The fire occurred when the staff of Bu Lao Guo Hotpot restaurant struggling to change the gas cylinder for a tabletop gas burner. Several customers noticed the smell of leaking gas and quickly stood up to move away from their tables.

A family sitting at the table next to it were seen on CCTV inching away anxiously as well – they were trapped between the wall and the source of the gas leak.

Eleven fire engines, four ambulances and 30 firefighters were dispatched to the scene located in Xihu district. They were forced to break the window to enter the restaurant. Of the seven injured, it is reported, four people suffered second-degree burns.

The 37-year-old father, identified as Mr Yeung, suffered burns to 26 percent of his body, including his face, head, torso, hands and feet.

His three-year-old daughter suffered burns to 20 percent of her body, including her face, neck and hands, while his wife suffered burns to 10 percent of her body.

Investigations are ongoing.

Image for illustration purposes only and by Allentchang at en.wikipedia – Own work transferred from en.wikipedia, CC BY-SA 3.0

Share With:
Rate This Article

Subscribe to Asia Pacific Fire today for FREE!

Choose a Printed or Digital subscription to have full access to our website content.

Subscribe here for FREE

To dismiss this message please login here