Widget Image
Widget Image
Widget Image
© Asia Pacific Fire & MDM Publishing Ltd.

Indonesian man suffers burns when phone catches fire

CCTV footage shows the moment a phone ignites in a man’s pocket inside Hotel Ciputra Semarang in the city of Semarang on the 30th Sept. The 47-year-old man worked at the hotel as a concierge. When he reached for his phone, it went up in flames, sending sparks flying and setting his shirt on fire in bright blue flames as he tumbled to the ground.

The victim, Yulianto, said he never had problems with his phone before, managed to remove his shirt with the aid of a bystander after a few frantic seconds. He was then taken to hospital for minor burns, according to police.

The phone was a Samsung brand and Grand Duos model. There have been no previous reports of exploding Grand Duos. Indonesian police said they are investigating the incident.

“Consumer safety is our top priority,” Jo Semidang, corporate marketing director of Samsung Electronics Indonesia, told local media.

“We have seen the consumers concerned to provide the necessary support, and we are currently investigating the device.”

Share With:
Rate This Article

<p>Asia Pacific Fire, Editor</p>

Subscribe to Asia Pacific Fire today for FREE!

Choose a Printed or Digital subscription to have full access to our website content.

Subscribe here for FREE

To dismiss this message please login here