ModuLaser is a scalable aspirating smoke detection solution that makes installation easier, maintenance quicker, and takes applications further than traditional air sampling detectors.
The unique scalability of ModuLaser comes in the form of multiple plug-in detection modules with up to eight detection modules able to be connected to a single display. Flexibility is further added with each module able to operate independently with varying pipe layouts, lengths and airflow pressures all coming back to the same central display.
The innovative docking station design allows detectors to be easily connected together as a group, or distributed across the installation. ModuLaser offers exceptional flexibility, allowing detection modules to be located in the zone to be protected, avoiding long sampling pipe runs and thus reducing cost and providing faster detection. ModuLaser also brings backward compatibility. The ModuLaser Command Display Module supports up to 126 nodes in a network. This can be a combination of new ModuLaser modules and HSSD2 detectors. This provides an ideal way to extend existing installations in the field.
This, along with features listed below translates into multi-channel detection without the traditional limitations. This can mean cost savings when deploying complex, multi-risk solutions that would have typically required multiple ASD units for adequate coverage.
Other ModuLaser features include:
- Each detector module can accommodate up to 250 meters of combined sampling pipe with up to 50 sampling holes.
- ActivFire Listed to AS7240.20
- Quick-fit pipe adaptors to facilitate easy connection of sampling pipe
- Multi-lingual support
- Intuitive user interface with colour display and functional buttons
- Installation and Maintenance wizards
- Flexible input and output programming
- High resolution chart recorder
For more information, please visit www.kidde.com.au