The latest update to Anvil International’s SeisBrace® Design Tool – Seismic Bracing Zone of Influence Calculation software – is groundbreaking in its options for calculating Cp following NFPA 13 (2016) and the referenced ASCE7 Standard.
It offers all new functionality and includes the entire brand of Anvil’s Afcon® seismic bracing products. Improved features include:
- Calculation of Seismic Coefficient (Cp) following NFPA 13 (2016) tables and the
ASCE7 formula referenced in NFPA 13, which can reduce the calculated seismic
load up to 50% in some applications, saving considerable material and labor cost
and allowing more options for product solutions
- New “Prying factors” in NFPA 13 (2016) for concrete anchors for seismic brace
- Calculates lateral braces working as both lateral and longitudinal in one
calculation and submittal
- Calculation of riser braces in both wall and corner conditions
- Calculates brace loads at wide or narrow angles to maximize brace strength or
allow for greater field adjustability during installation
- Inclusion of alternate components, calculated and included in submittal to allow
last-minute field changes of material
All these new features are on top of the features and benefits from the previous release which include: specifying FM Approval or UL Listed components; Generate a submittal package with seismic bracing products with detail and individual product submittal sheets.
The software is provided free of charge with a registered account on Anvil’s website or by going directly to www.seisbrace.com