The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) conducted a virtual product reveal today to introduce NFPA LiNK™, a new digital content on demand platform that will allow the 124-year old organization to provide the up-to-date code information and situational context that professionals and practitioners need to do their jobs successfully. NFPA LiNK is designed to deliver intuitive, seamless, code-based information to those responsible for building, electrical and life safety via mobile devices, tablets, laptops, or your preferred device.
NFPA is the first standards development organization to usher in true digital transformation. NFPA LiNK will catapult the Association from a book publisher to a globally connected information and knowledge provider.
People around the world have turned to NFPA codes and standards to do their jobs efficiently and effectively for more than a century; but in recent years, NFPA has seen a shift in the ways that people learn and do their jobs. Today’s workers do not find a physical book or a static digital version of a book the best means to help solve problems on a real-time basis. Instead, they want to connect the dots on safety and glean real-world, real-time
“The wide range of disciplines that we serve want information faster than ever before with an easy-to-use interface. They want insights to help understand problems and develop solutions. NFPA LiNK™ will allow them to do that,” Jim Pauley, NFPA president and CEO said. “NFPA LiNK was built with our stakeholders’ input and roles in mind. I am convinced that it will help revolutionize safety through better access to more robust information. That translates to more property protected, more lives saved.”
Available beginning in September 2020, the first iteration of NFPA LiNK will feature the National Electrical Code® and electrical content, followed by building and life safety and fire protection codes. The goal is to have all 300-plus NFPA codes and standards in NFPA LiNK by the end of 2021. Additional resources will then be added, and new features will be unveiled on a regular basis. At full development, NFPA LiNK subscribers can look forward
- accessing the full set of NFPA codes and standards and, when new editions are released, subscriptions will be automatically updated
- using situation-based navigation so that users can easily find the information they need
- aggregating information across NFPA codes and standards to better understand and access information that applies to a given situation
- adding personal notations to NFPA codes and standards and having those notes automatically carried over when codes are updated
- bookmarking, color-coding sections, saving key information, and sharing sections and subsections with subscribers and non-subscribers
To keep up to date on NFPA LiNK, visit www.nfpa.org/LiNK