NOVELTIS is a French private company that was created in 1998. We perform innovative scientific engineering studies and implement customized end-user solutions in the fields of Space, the Environment and Sustainable Development. NOVELTIS’ staff have strong expertise in: remote sensing data processing (satellite and aerial data), environmental modelling (fire, weather, vegetation and ocean), geographic information systems and integrated decision support systems.
NOVELTIS focuses its activities on innovation, in close relations with international research laboratories. Our company supplies end-to-end services to governmental bodies and industries, including emergency management stakeholders. We also coordinate and participate in large-scale European and international projects.
NOVELTIS is certified to the ISO 9001(2008) standard and has been granted “Confidential-Defence” status by the French Defence Ministry.
NOVELTIS provides innovative operational services supporting tactical firefighting. Our most recent service, TechForFire, offers real-time information concerning:
- The current situation of the fire theatre: precise positions of the active fires, burnt areas, firefighters, and elements of interest;
- The risk forecast for the coming hours: forecasts of the fire propagations and evaluation of vulnerable areas.
The service is based on the latest scientific and technical advances in aerial and satellite monitoring as well as real-time fire propagation modelling and risk forecasting.
- The TechForFire service is accessible via four means:
- 24/7 secure user-friendly interactive web application.
- Mobile application for smartphones and tablets.
- Cartographic PDF output, suitable for hardcopy.
- GIS layers for use in 3rd party GIS software packages.