ModuLaser from Kidde, is a scalable aspirating smoke detection solution that makes installation easier, maintenance quicker, and takes applications further than traditional air sampling detectors.
The innovative scalability of ModuLaser comes in the form of plug-in detectors, displays and control modules resulting in a unique modular design that allows a single control to provide detection across multiple zones. This enables ModuLaser to overcome many of the issues that can exist with traditional aspirating smoke detectors.
Up to eight detector modules can be controlled and monitored via a single display, with each detector able to operate independently. With varying pipe layouts, airflow pressures and pipe lengths up to 250 meters all coming back to the same central display with up to 126 nodes in a network, this design allows detectors to be easily connected together as a ‘cluster’. You can also choose to deploy detector modules within the risk being protected to avoid long sampling pipe runs, thus reducing cost and providing faster detection.
The features of ModuLaser translate into multi-channel detection without traditional limitations. This can mean cost savings when deploying complex, multi-risk solutions that would have typically required multiple ASD units for adequate coverage. Whether it’s providing early warning detection within a cleanroom environment or providing a problem-solving solution for harsh or unusual applications, ModuLaser excels at providing a robust and reliable aspirating smoke detection solution.
- No need for balanced pipework across zones
- Unaffected by zones of differing pressures or airflow
- No delay in the detection of smoke from scanning between zones
- No cross-contamination of smoke between zones
- Quick-fit pipe adaptors to facilitate easy connection of sampling pipe
- Intuitive user interface with color display and functional buttons
- Installation and Maintenance wizards
- ActivFire Listed to AS7240.20
To learn more, download the brochure at https://www.kidde.com.au/Documents/1138_ModuLaser_AirSense_Brochure_2021.pdf