The Fire Australia 2022 Conference Program has been released, and it offers an array of interesting speakers and topics!
Using the streams ‘perceptive’, ‘political’, and ‘practical’, we’ve tried to provide topics that will appeal to fire professionals at all levels, from looking to the future of the industry, to understanding the focus of regulators, to exploring technical issues with some of the sector’s leading practitioners.
Some of the topics and presenters from the Conference will include:
- Former NSW Deputy Coroner Hugh Dillon – Views of a Coroner: how do the courts view a disaster?
- Victorian State Building Surveyor Andrew Cialini – Fire protection in Victoria: what does the future hold?
- Inspector John McDonough – Inferno: through the eyes of a firefighter
- Bronwyn Weir – Building Confidence report: around the grounds
- ABCB CEO Gary Rake – Future challenges for the Australian Building Codes Board
- Lawyer Robert McGirr – Insurance, liability, and your responsibilities to your clients
- and sessions on Balancing safety and sustainability, The value of fire safety, and Resilience: mental health in fire protection
Our ‘practical’ stream has 90 minute workshops on the future of sprinklers, megastructures, and system interfaces, amongst others. There’s bound to be a topic of interest for almost everyone – why not visit the website and start planning your attendance today?