Widget Image
Widget Image
Widget Image

The deadly killer Carbon Monoxide almost takes three lives

Two men and a woman were rescued by a neighbour in Auckland, New Zealand, when the alarm was sounded buy a victim’s wife. The Rescuer, Glendene man Krish Patel said he got a desperate call from a young woman who lived at the house saying her husband and his parents had mysteriously dropped to the floor.

The family had been using a charcoal barbecue to cook their evening meal before bringing the warm embers inside to heat the home. The odourless deadly fumes from the barbecue were believed to have caused the near tragedy.

Nearly two years ago a mother and her three children died after they were overcome by carbon monoxide fumes in their Ashburton home after a car was left running to charge a battery in a connected garage.

Today the Waitemata District Health Board said the family members were in a stable condition at Waitakere Hospital.

Health authorities and the Fire Services continually warn of the dangers of using charcoal barbecues indoors. The risk of poisoning is severe because carbon monoxide can spread unnoticed around the room.

Share With:
Rate This Article

Asia Pacific Fire, Editor

Subscribe to Asia Pacific Fire today for FREE!

Choose a Printed or Digital subscription to have full access to our website content.

Subscribe here for FREE

To dismiss this message please login here