Promising an immersive experience for the entire fire-safety community, the UK’s leading fire-industry tradeshow – FIREX International – returns to ExCeL London from 17 to 19 May 2022 with hundreds of new products including exclusive launches from the likes of BSB Engineering Services.
Europe’s most important fire-safety event, FIREX will reconnect the global fire-safety community in person after three years away, giving thousands of visitors the opportunity to meet hundreds of leading fire-safety suppliers, from Kentec, Baldwin Boxall and Securiton, to Coopers Fire, Aico and more, collectively showcasing hundreds of innovative products launched since Covid-19.
Sourcing opportunities are complemented by several hours of educational content, including leading fire-safety professionals discussing the future of IoT technology in the sector, a presentation from the Deputy Director of the Building Safety Regulator, Tim Galloway, and an explanation of what will be required from the industry as a result of legislation such as the Fire Safety Act and Building Safety Bill – view the agenda here.
Visitors to this year’s FIREX International are invited to:
- Join the Expertise and Guidance Theatre sessions designed to help fire-safety professionals stay on top of government legislation, industry standards and best practice
- NEW to 2022 – IFSEC & FIREX Training: For the first time ever at IFSEC International, engineers and integrators will have the opportunity to attend 4–6-hour training sessions hosted by a mix of specialist training providers and leading vendors in security and fire. Taking place off the show floor, attendees can secure valuable CPD points and enhance their knowledge, with plenty of time left in the day to catch the rest of the exhibition afterwards, to get the most out of their visit.
- Explore some of the newest fire-safety technologies available and examine recognised third-party-approved fire-safety products and services, many of which are on display for the first time since the pandemic.
FIREX International has taken the decision to fully commit to supporting and promoting third-party approvals, independent accreditation and competency for construction products and services. This means all exhibiting companies with relevant fire protection or prevention systems and materials will need to hold – or be in the process of acquiring – recognised third-party approval on their products in order to participate.
BSB Engineering Services – exclusive launch of Smoke Pro series of products
BSB Engineering Services has launched several products since Covid-19, all of which will be showcased at FIREX including an exclusive first look of the Smoke Pro Damper.
- Smoke fan range: TH HT Axial Flow Fans, independently tested and rated for 400°C, 2 hours and to EN12101-3
- Smoke dampers: Lobby Damper models for smoke extract systems from lobbies, both powered and natural applications, independently tested and rated to EN12101-8
- Exclusive launch: Smoke Pro Damper independently tested and rated to EN12101-8
Nullifire – exclusive product soft launch
Nullifire has chosen FIREX to exclusively soft launch its new products, which should be available in mid-summer this year.
The company is introducing a new range of cavity barriers for building facades. A lot of modern construction requires external cladding, facades and rainscreen systems, allowing ventilation to improve buildings’ energy efficiency. Nullifire’s new range will offer a fire-protection solution for all types.
The team will be working with another CPG UK brand, Dryvit, to bring this new range to market, and it will mean that, as well as best-in-class safety performance, specifiers can also be assured that sustainability is part of the offer. Dryvit will be joining Nullifire at FIREX International to give visitors more information on this exciting approach.
Aico – exclusive product updates
Aico will be hosting live demonstrations for several new products at FIREX including:
- SmartLINK Gateway
- HomeLINK Environmental Sensors
- HomeLINK Dashboard and Resident App
Launched in January 2020, SmartLINK Gateway is Aico’s first connected Internet of Things (IoT) product, which provided a platform for their advancement into this area, complemented by the acquisition of HomeLINK, who specialise in IoT solutions.
Launched in September 2021, HomeLINK Environmental Sensors are designed to collect data on a property’s environmental conditions such as temperature, humidity and carbon dioxide, leading to the creation of healthier and safer homes across the UK.
SFJ Awards – showcasing new products
SFJ Awards is showcasing Custom Certification – quality assuring bespoke learning programmes and certificating learners. They include 200+ regulated qualifications for public-sector employers and training providers, including being the leading fire and rescue services’ primary awarding body, and End-Point Assessment for Apprenticeships in the fire sector in England.
Fire Protection Association – showcasing new content
Since Covid, the Fire Protection Association has launched the Assembly Point Podcast and a new White Paper called ‘Insurance Challenges of Massive (Mass) Timber Construction and a possible way forward’.
- Assembly Point features leading experts from across the sector to provide another way to keep the industry in the know on all things fire safety.
- White Paper: Produced with input from 24 major UK insurers, this white paper definitively describes the insurance challenges of massive timber construction to the perils of fire and water. If embraced at the point of design, it is hoped that it will result in buildings that are both sustainable and insurable, satisfying the requirements of all stakeholders.
- FPA InfoZone: The FPA’s popular InfoZone seminar theatre returns to the show floor for 2022. Sessions will cover key talking points, with updates on legislation, presentations on sustainability, and several informative case studies all featured.
A FIREX visitor pass gives unlimited access to the entire Protection & Management Series, which includes IFSEC International, Facilities Show, Safety & Health Expo and Intelligent Building Europe.
To register for a free visitor (or press) pass to all five shows taking place 17–19 May at ExCeL London, please click HERE.