Widget Image
Widget Image
Widget Image

Tourist rushed to hospital in red light district fire in Pattaya, Thailand

Two tourists were injured after a fire ripped through bars in a packed tourist destination, Pattaya’s Walking Street on Saturday (March 9).

Hundreds of revellers and bar girls were drinking in notorious Walking Street in Thailand, when there was a ”large explosion” just after 10 pm.Flames engulfed dozens of bars in a plaza area – sending girls in high heels screaming into the street as tourists fled in panic. One woman was heard saying ”oh my god, what’s happening” as sparks flew into the street and flames stretched into the night sky.

The explosion at around 10 pm was said to be caused by an electrical fault set off the flames which destroyed several bars at the red-light district packed with revellers.

Further details can be found in the following report from the Phuket Gazette; www.phuketgazette.net

Image for illustration purposes.

Share With:
Rate This Article

Asia Pacific Fire, Editor

Subscribe to Asia Pacific Fire today for FREE!

Choose a Printed or Digital subscription to have full access to our website content.

Subscribe here for FREE

To dismiss this message please login here