Victaulic, the world’s leading manufacturer of mechanical pipe-joining systems, has introduced the world’s first flexible dry sprinkler. Victaulic has entered a new category of dry sprinkler with the VicFlex™ VS1, combining the industry-leading VicFlex™ flexible fittings technology with traditional Victaulic dry sprinkler technology that provides revolutionary freeze protection.
“The entire length of the assembly encompasses the VicFlex Dry Sprinkler,” said Tom Savage, global product manager for fire suppression systems at Victaulic. “This is important because NFPA 13 requires a specific dry sprinkler length depending on the external and internal temperatures of the application. With the new VicFlex Dry Sprinkler technology it is easy to ensure that the installation meets and/or exceeds the required exposed sprinkler length.”
“What makes this product so unique is that unlike traditional rigid dry sprinklers, the VicFlex Dry Sprinkler can bend for accurate and easy installation, keeping the water safely back in the heated space. Especially over the past few years, we have seen a number of instances of freeze-ups associated with dry sprinklers. This first of its kind technology benefits everyone associated with sprinkler systems, from the sprinkler contractor to the building owner,” said Savage.
Among those who will benefit from the new VicFlex Dry Sprinkler include:
• Contractors – Increased convenience by eliminating measurement and simplifying ordering. Eliminating coordination and multiple trips to the jobsite. One-piece brackets with no loose parts.
• AHJs – Increased safety and peace-of-mind without having to worry about frozen pipes or impaired systems.
• Engineers/Architects/Designers – Increased design flexibility and ability to deliver beautiful spaces without compromising on the quality of the space.
• Building Owners/Developers – Eliminating soffits and ensuring sprinkler piping will be conditioned. No need to figure out how to hide sprinkler piping, concealed pendent applications are now a reality.
• Insurance Agencies – Eliminating damage and insurance claims.
Common applications for the VicFlex Dry Sprinkler include multi-family residential apartments and condos, balconies and breezeways of any commercial or residential buildings, parking garages with finished ceilings and assisted living facilities.
The VicFlex Dry Sprinkler is available as a K5.6 commercial dry sprinkler in both sidewall and pendent orientations, including a flat-plate concealed version. For convenience, all styles are available in either 38”, 50”, or 58” lengths.
For more information, please visit www.vicflex.com