Warringtonfire Australia, part of the Element Group, is excited to announce our new extended capabilities to conduct crucial ‘reaction to fire’ testing prescribed by the National Construction Code. Our team at the testing laboratory in Melbourne has been busy installing and commissioning the new equipment for AS 1530.2, AS 1530.3, ISO 1716, AS ISO 9239-1 and ASTM D5630. We will be ready to start the following testing from January 2021:
- AS 1530.2 Test for flammability of materials – for sarking materials and drapery.
- AS 1530.3 Simultaneous determination of ignitability, flame propagation, heat release and smoke release – for fixed seating, proscenium curtains, insulation, duct work and other materials.
- ISO 1716 Determination of the gross heat of combustion (calorific value) – bomb calorimeter.
- AS ISO 9239-1 Determination of the burning behaviour using a radiant heat source – critical radiant flux (CRF) – for floor linings and coverings.
- ASTM D5630 standard test method – for ash content in plastics.
The acquisition of the new equipment complements our existing ‘reaction to fire’ testing capabilities for AS ISO 9705 Room burn, AS 5113 Facade, AS 3837/ISO 5660-1 Cone calorimeter and AS 1530.1 Combustibility.
Jason Jeffress, Divisional director – Australia, says: ‘This new equipment expands our existing “reaction to fire” testing capabilities so we are now your one stop shop for fire testing in Australia. It also reinforces our position as market leader and most trusted testing partner’.
Warringtonfire offers a comprehensive range of independent fire-safety services, all with a globally respected mark of quality assurance.
For more information, go to www.warringtonfire.com