Emergency Services uniforms are more than just the brand name, distinct colours and strips of reflective tape. They are the vehicle that will keep front-line workers safe, which is paramount to ensuring they make it home to their families after a hard day at work. And this is why the end-wearer is at the core of everything we do at Workwear Group.
Workwear Group has accumulated over 30 years’ experience servicing the Emergency Services sector. With industry-leading design, product and service expertise, Workwear Group tailor solutions to meet each of our emergency partners’ unique requirements.
In order to service our clients, we have in-house design, fabric and garment experts that search the globe to find the latest and greatest in uniform solutions for the front line and adapt these to our clients’ unique requirements.
One of our latest innovation projects is the development of fire-retardant ensembles to enhance our new Wildlands range and a structural fireboot, offering a head-to-toe solution. Head Industrial designer Louise Davis says, ‘The development was driven from what we were seeing in the market for non-fire-retardant traditional workwear.’
Coming back to the Workwear Group headquarters based in Port Melbourne, the team worked back with current clients to establish what was the most important factors when wearing their uniform, in particular the Wildlands range.
Davis continues, ‘After talking with a number of clients, it was clear that next-to-skin comfort is an absolute must, with the ability to have full range of movement. We’ve taken a total system integration approach to the designs.’ With this in mind, our design team and technicians went to work to develop the necessary features and benefits for a Wildlands range.
Underpinned by Wesfarmers, Workwear Group strive to meet the strict guidelines set by local and international bodies, and as part of the development process of the ensembles and fireboot, rigorous testing has commenced in Australia, New Zealand and Europe.
Features of the fire-retardant Wildlands-compliant ensembles:
- Inherently FR fibre blends engineered to maximize protection as well as comfort
- Articulated patterning and adjustability for perfect fit and full range of movement
- Smart storage and equipment integration
- Durable trims and construction
- Certified to AS/NZS 4824:2006 Protective clothing for firefighters – Requirements and test methods for protective clothing used for wildland firefighting
- Gold, lime, green colourways
Vicky Wynn-Williams, Head of Merchandising Uniforms comments, ‘With the development of the Wildlands ensembles, we have introduced smarter fabrics and trims, as well as further enhancing the fit and reducing the weight of the garments resulting in minimizing fatigue on the wearer. As a business that values safety first, this ticks all the boxes.’
To support our offering of a uniform solution from head to toe, the fireboot in development, HERO 365 is certified to the structural fireboot standards: ASNZS4821:201, EN1509, EN ISO 20345:2011 H13
Not only do we believe these boots have a great aesthetic, they will stand up amongst their competitors with some truly unique features:
- Genuine YKK zippers 10 gauge
- Waterproof internal bootie and uppers
- Flame stop leather, threads and trims
- Wellmax puncture-proof plate
- Cosmo and Graphene comfort high-vis lining (Graphene is stronger than Steel)
- 3M reflective trims
- Composite cap
- High-density Eva heel and internal padding
- YKK front zipper (removable if not wanted)
- An additional inside zipper for easy on off
- High-vis rubber heel bumper
- Rubber toe bumper
- Extra-large zipper pull tabs for easy pull whilst wearing gloves
- Front and back double pull loops for easy pull on
- Memory-foam footbed with energy rebound heel pods
- Weight currently on par with our competitors
- 300° heat-resistant rubber direct-injected outsole
- EEE wide-fit last
Workwear Group is still in the development phase of these products, with an aim to make them available to clients early this year. If you are interested in learning more about this product or other innovation products that are in development, please visit our website for more information or contact us on email@example.com.
For more information, go to www.workweargroup.com.au